Imlach's Sweaty Hippie Funk Collection, adventure bikes, rusty rats, cruisers and other alt bastardisations of bicyclery

1696454187053.png

Do Polo players like to fcuk about getting the drink bottle out in competition? WTF.

If that's a custom Polo bike I will loose the will to live, because when I make a projection that zig zag makes naff all difference except for catching your scrotum on when you tip up with too much wheel flop. I think this bike deservedly is getting into top 10 territory :D

An unexpected joy when visiting Turin last weekend was bumping into Fabio, his buddy Marco (whose BMX features in one of the photos), and Fabio's fantastic bike. I had about 60 seconds to grab a few pictures and point him towards this thread on Retrobike.
So many nice details, the pictures will have to do the talking.
Fabio - if you read this - Grazie!

TC1.jpg

TC3.jpg

TC4.jpg

TC5.jpg

TC2.jpg

View attachment 784486

Do Polo players like to fcuk about getting the drink bottle out in competition? WTF.

If that's a custom Polo bike I will loose the will to live, because when I make a projection that zig zag makes naff all difference except for catching your scrotum on when you tip up with too much wheel flop. I think this bike deservedly is getting into top 10 territory :D
That one ain't a polo bike. Its just a stupid idea.

👍 - converted Grip$hit to stick shift :D

Following a post on the BMX section on here, I went down a cycle pro? Rabbit hole.
It looks like they were doing what I imagined I would've done had I been in charge of the development of the mountain bike in the early 80's.
Basically make a BMX cruiser, which already existed and put gears on it?
It seem so obvious to me now rather than trying to convert road bike stuff for off-road use.
Anyway, what else looks this capable off road from 1982?
IMG_20231008_090136.jpg

Following a post on the BMX section on here, I went down a cycle pro? Rabbit hole.
It looks like they were doing what I imagined I would've done had I been in charge of the development of the mountain bike in the early 80's.
Basically make a BMX cruiser, which already existed and put gears on it?
It seem so obvious to me now rather than trying to convert road bike stuff for off-road use.
Anyway, what else looks this capable off road from 1982?
View attachment 785501
Nice, rare too I would think.

Back