i'm gonna annoy you with this one, 2024 Kona Explosif!

I like it, personally I'd have liked to have seen the unit sticker recreated in the explosif style font, rather than badge it as something it's not, but it's your bike so irrelevant.

Like it allot!

Black forks (to hide the fork mounts) and a black stem would be my only tweaks but that'd make bugger all difference to the ride and it ain't mine anyway!

It looks great! I'm a big fan of the Surly Sunrise bars -- they're really comfortable and give lots of leverage.

I like it, personally I'd have liked to have seen the unit sticker recreated in the explosif style font, rather than badge it as something it's not, but it's your bike so irrelevant.
True, but then if you think about how the Explosif evolved in (I think) 2004 with replaceable dropouts, so it virtually became interchangeable with the Unit. (That is, if the rest of the frame is common to both, with the True Temper OX tubes etc.). Then came the Unit X with gears. So you might view the OP's bike as a logical outcome of decades of development . . . sort of.

Huh, dressing up an old bike with new parts is resto-mod, is the opposite, a mod-retro? I have no problem with this idea whatsoever. My only beef is that I would have chosen jungle graphics (97-9:cool:. Whatever it takes to keep you rolling, man. Stay strong
On the other hand, over at Ratrod Bikes, a guy did fake patina on a modern Rocky Mountain. He painted it to look rusty and old, did a fantastic job, but I just couldn't get on with it. Rust on an aluminum frame? Makes no sense to me 243155-Voting-Photo-.jpg 243179-Finished-drive-train.jpg 243165-363481760-612086784361522-6903275976992868606-n.jpg
He even faded the decals on the rockshox 243174-Finished-fork-fade.jpg
But I never would criticize. It's a bike, nothing sacred. He rides it, no harm no foul

Back