Identify the Klein on Seinfeld

frantik":2fb1ic5p said:
I have every episode and can take screen caps if it helps

There are two different Kleins. Could be different models but they're the same color

in the Apology (final season) it comes down off the wall. Doesn't appear to have a name badge on the top tube (see attached)

Thanks a lot!

What would be great is if you have a pic that shows the drop outs. That would give us a clue I think.

mkaavin":2p1vjl15 said:
I have seen some comments about this being Michael Richards bike irl, but looking at the clip it seems to be way too small for him.

yeah I've read that before too but he is very tall and would need a huge bike..i doubt that Klein is big enough for Jerry either

What would be great is if you have a pic that shows the drop outs. That would give us a clue I think.

I'll see if that's possible.. besides the two episodes i've posted caps/video from, it just sits on the wall

here's a pic of the drop outs with a bonus backwards fork :D the fork ended up backward at some point towards the end up season 4. at the start of season 5 the Klein was replaced with a cannondale for a few episodes

edit: here's an image i found from another thread here on this site

seinfeldKlein.jpg

Attachments

• 062 - The Handicap Spot - [DVD].avi_snapshot_01.19_[2012.08.12_03.58.32].jpg
    062 - The Handicap Spot - [DVD].avi_snapshot_01.19_[2012.08.12_03.58.32].jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 2,542
Looking at the dropouts it should be either a Mountain Klein or a Pinnacle.

I always believed that the Mountain Klein only came in red colour but this link tells me that I'm wrong.

http://kleinpics.tripod.com/id11.html

It even has a picture that claims to be a Mountain Klein in the same color as the "Seinfeld bike". But I have also seen both Pinnacles and Rascals in similar green color.

Anyone knows how to tell the difference between a Mountain Klein and a Pinnacle?

Latest posts

Back