Identify the bike challenge!

do i win anything for spotting the hub brakes are after market . i can see a u brake mount

A mate of mine had an Apollo with a triple triangle frame, I could understand why you would paint it bright pink if that is the case.... :LOL:

off topic question,

why "dick spanner"? :LOL: caught doing something strange by the wife?

call it my need to know! :LOL:

i used to watch the dick spanner thing all the time. :cool:...but not as funny as sledge hammer though...only gun i ever saw with a loudener on it :p

Well found Jonnyboy!! Briefly, Dick Spanner is one of Gerry Andersons lesser known creations. My sister in law suggested it when I needed a pseudonym a couple of years back after me, my brother and a mate held the first competitive race around the Rockingham oval on our mountain bikes. Indeed, the pink hero of this thread and I got a photo and brief mention in Autosport!

Back to the bike, no correct guesses yet.

Well done to Perry for spotting that the brakes are aftermarket but were on the bike when I bought it. Originally it had roller cam* brakes front and rear which I did get with the bike so I could put them back on.

Well done also for spotting that the bike isn't crap!

* Please correct me if they are not called roller cam brakes, they are the same as on this bike - http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64296.

Back