Identify a bike. Looks like salsa ala carte. HELP

Even though it isn't super-light, I think the weight as low as 2.03kg for a frame of that size must indicate a fairly high-end, heat-treated tubeset. The base of the seat tube looks to bulge out like a Tange Prestige tube, although I think that doesn't eliminate Ritchey Logic, which was a variant of Tange Prestige.

To me the H6 says it's Hodaka 96. That means it could be either a 96 or 97 model year, as most makes would build at least half of their 97 models in 1996. The straight stays (which are of course dynamically superior to curved ones, which are used only for their looks) are also typical of a 96 or 97 bike.

I'm sure it isn't a Salsa (see 95 example below), but I don't know how you're going to go about identifying it. I think the top of the seat tube and the seat clamp design could be identifying characteristics, and sooner or later somebody will see that picture and say 'it's a XXX!', and then you'll know.

It's certainly a handsome frame. I hope you'll post pictures of it in its white state when you get it back.

Attachments

• 1995 or so Salsa A La Carte frame size 19 Ritchey tubing.jpg
    1995 or so Salsa A La Carte frame size 19 Ritchey tubing.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,401
theboy":1ymb6q1u said:
pete_mcc":1ymb6q1u said:
if not it should at least have a stepped seat-tube like this one:

salsatres_191.jpg

Finally there doesn't appear to be any headtube gussets, and the frame number is wrong.

Hope this helps

Now that is a bloody nice bike!

i have to agree and second that! ;)

also the OP's bike looks lovely as well, even though unidentified.

Back