Ideas for my first retro bike please. (now purchased!!!!)

if your lucky you may get something on flea bay.What bikes do you like from that era ? then pursue any that come up, be cheeky , do what it takes to get one- orange ,trek,konas maybe in reach and all good bikes from that magical time :LOL:

if your lucky you may get something on flea bay.What bikes do you like from that era ? then pursue any that come up, be cheeky , do what it takes to get one- orange ,trek,konas maybe in reach and all good bikes from that magical time :LOL:

dunno fella
what do you like ?
as mav says a nice alpinestars would be good , dont turn up to often tho
next up saracen /diomond backs /muddy foxes , all nice bikes with a bit of provenance
a 92/3 GT pantera or zaskar of similar if you want a bike that rides like a modern (well ish)

BoyBurning":1mftu3w5 said:
I might suggest waiting a month then hitting with the full 250.

£250 would get a nicely kitted out bike and give you a good choice too.

with a £100 budget i would be looking frame only and at things that would retail in the high hundreds back when new.

£150 then goes on a decent xt groupset then you need to find another £100+ or so for a decent pair of wheels & tires.

the last £100 ish goes on seatpost, bars and the other finishing kit.

ending up spending double your original budget is about standard for retro projects as far as i can tell. :LOL:

TimmyMTB":1cm46tqr said:
juice":1cm46tqr said:
TimmyMTB":1cm46tqr said:
Thanks for all the advise. I have seen a Marin palisades I quite like from 1995.

There is a Marin Bear Valley in the for sale section you might want to check out: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=154169

I would but the frame is way too small for me and although I like my frames a little smaller I am still 6'6"!

Come over and let's play some basketball ;-)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back