** Ibis Tranny 29er - ENVE **

Re:

a wee bit of progress since i got home from work at three.....

changed out the ratchet drive in the hub. when i bought the wheels i was offered the chance to upgrade the engagement from 20 degrees to 10, with 36 teeth instead of 18, so got that fitted with the pot of grease that arrived today! sounds like angry bees now! :D

fitted the cassette and the tubeless tyres, and de-stickered the rims. the tyre fitting was a complete doddle! couldn't believe how easy the tyres inflated, straight up with a track pump, both instantly! i've had to use a compressor at a mates garage for some of the 26inch tubeless tyres i've tried to seat in the past! i wound the Stans Rim Tape round twice on each rim, just to help, and soaped the tyre beads, but it was ridiculously easy, and there's no sealant in yet and they're both holding! :cool:

Attachments

• maxx.jpg
    maxx.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 759
  • cass.jpg
    cass.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 759
  • drive.jpg
    drive.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 759
Re:

BB pressed in successfully! :cool:

edit: horrible thought..... hope i can get the gear outer either above or below the BB sleeve as the outer runs internally?! i guess i could remove the rear end and fish it through..... i hope! :?

Attachments

• CKpress.jpg
    CKpress.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 739
Re:

cable set just arrived, so i guess i'll see if i can get it past the BB without removing the back end of the frame! :?

Attachments

• gear.jpg
    gear.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 717
Re:

Fingers crossed.

If you struggle, try feeding an inner cable through before taking the back end apart. If that works you might then be able to feed the outer through around the inner.

Got to be worth a try.

Re:

wow! that wasn't as simple as i'd hoped! :shock:
rear had to come off as the hole through the chain stay is tiny!
used the inner cable as a guide for the outer to get it over the BB as suggested, but had to feed the outer and hook it up and through the hole in the chainstay.... :?

Attachments

• csrun.jpg
    csrun.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 708
  • bbrun.jpg
    bbrun.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 708
Re:

Well, that's coming along very nicely.

Not tackled the scariest job in bike building yet then? Cutting the steerer tube on the ENVE forks.

Done it once, and it's not for those faint of spirit.

Re:

another few wee deliveries today, hopefully i'll have everything today bar the brake caliper post mounts which i forgot about and only ordered a couple of days ago :oops:

the Tranny has various cable routing options for front and rear mechs as well as a dropper post, but as i'm only using a rear mech and nowt else, i ordered up some blanking plates. think they look smart installed, clean lines :cool:

Attachments

• blank2.jpg
    blank2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 647
  • blank1.jpg
    blank1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 647
Re:

and at last, the seat post and rotor just arrived! :D :cool:

Attachments

• env4.jpg
    env4.jpg