''Ian's Raleigh Road Ace 12''

Re: ''Ian's Raleigh Road Ace 12'' finished! Pic's on page 4.

thats one story! Usually seat tube rattles are loose bottle cages!! I got a bottle of wine for about 100 man hours on the 1950's Claude Butler I renovated :-(

Heading to the garage and attic to check my frames for hidden stashes of cash.

DD - was it a good bottle of wine?

Richard

DD - was it a good bottle of wine?

I would have done it for nothing, there's pleasure in the process :) ...but yes!

Hello Ian
I'm just putting an AX group together. Then I'll sort a frame. I'm just sorting my axle dust covers. I'm going to paint them the correct colour, I should have some pics in the next few days. Mine were worse than yours. They are UV bleached so you can't get the colour back.
I don't have the shifters yet, nor the bar end plugs but I intend to make them from alloy and paint them until some turn up. I also don't have the discs that go in the pedal axles, I may make them as well.
And last I don't have the brake cable clip, but I'm not too bothered if I don't get one. I may make one of those as well.
I'm after swapping or selling my DA ax front Mech brazed on for a 600 ax one if you know of one. Mine is complete with the cable guide NOS.
Good look
TP
Check my posts.

It's certainly the time of the year to work on bikes! Lovely job there Ian so much pleasure in seeing it done perfectly. I think my favourite part was the painting of the hub caps to match :) Maybe you will get a ride on it if the roads dry out? Watch out for my Look KG196 build with Mavic Mektronic electric gears I'm about to start the build..bit moden for me

Ian,

Just had another read through this. The bike is really a joy to behold. Nuff said!

Richard

Yes Ian. I still drool over the Road Ace. As Mr Sinatra said, 'regrets, I've had a few' but I don't regret pointing you towards this bike. There is always time for me to get one. You did such an incredible job in this, you deserve it. And, I know, you probably would have ended up helping me if I had bought it.

Richard

There's always RRA's coming up Richard but most have had an hard life and will cost £££'s to fully restore alone and if you did get one, I would indeed help you as much as I could.

Ian.

Back