I think I know what the problem was.

peetee

Senior Retro Guru
Well, I say problem only because that’s what the vast majority of my acquaintances say when they comment on my bike collection.
To be fair to them it is rather a problem insomuch as the shed looks like a hastily packed suitcase and not putting one’s weight against the door when opening it could well result in a loud pop and a 100m bicycle debris scatter pattern.
So, anyway, why is it a problem solved you all say?
Well, I have recently taken ownership of a very special bike and, somewhat weirdly, since then my mind and soul have taken on a level of calmness that is zen-like.
No longer am I fidgeting at the used bike listings, eager for another steed to quell my beating heart (Quell? yea, right, just like the last time, and the time before…).
No, really, I think it’s the end of an era. I do believe I have at last found the antidote, the golden bike.
It’s custom-built by one of the finest craftsmen that has ever graced these shires and I have hankered after his work for many a long year - not custom-built for me though - but as luck would have it the fittings and dimensions are exactly what I would have requested of the builder myself. It’s also not a tubeset build. Rather a mixture of Reynolds selected for their suitability for the rider and the job (crossing my fingers with that one - what could go wrong?)
Best of all, at a time in my life when my bones are creaking and whinging at the prospect of riding more and more of my bikes comfortably, this latest acquisition has a built-in ‘crusty old fart’ proof reach and stack. Hoorah.
So what is it?
I will tell, with photos, but let’s have a bit of fun and see if anyone can guess first.

Latest posts

Back