Swap i’ve got a mint condition gt xizang frame 94 model 18”looking to swap it for a 16”/17”/18” kona king kahuna anyone ????

nadge123*,

TBH, I think everyone wants to buy that bike. I typically buy only bikes that fit me, and 18" is just a bit too tall for me, but the collector in me thinks I may never see another one of these become available in my lifetime, so perhaps I should make an exception. I think I've seen only 2 other Xizangs for sale in the past 10 or 12 years.

My previous post was intended to be more of a humorous jab at the rarity and the universal desirability of that bike, but I also figured that another bump would keep your thread at the top of the forum list for all to see. I suspect that it might be a long time before you see one of those King Kahunas become available, but I'm willing to bet that Xizang will move FAST among this crowd if you were to sell it outright, no matter the price.

If I was just a little bit taller, I would likely do anything I could to be able to buy that bike from you. As short as I am, if I were to get it, it would likely languish unridden in my collection, whereas a taller person would definitely get an anormous amount of enjoyment from actually riding it.

GLWS. I don't think you'll have any problems selling it.

Last edited:
nadge123*,

TBH, I think everyone wants to buy that bike. I typically buy only bikes that fit me, and 18" is just a bit too tall for me, but the collector in me thinks I may never see another one of these become available in my lifetime, so perhaps I should make an exception. I think I've seen only 2 other Xizangs for sale in the past 10 or 12 years.

My post was intended to be more of a humorous jab at the rarity and the universal desirability of that bike, but I also figured that another bump would keep your thread at the top of the forum list for all to see. I suspect that it might be a long time before you see one of those King Kahunas become available, but I'm willing to bet that Xizang will move FAST among this crowd if you were to sell it outright, no matter the price.

If I was just a little bit taller, I would likely do anything I could to be able to buy that bike from you. As short as I am, if I were to get it, it would likely languish unridden in my collection, whereas a taller person would definitely get an anormous amount of enjoyment from actually riding it.

Not to jump onto Nigel’s thread (he’s deffo wanting a swap). How about a 18 inch 97 Xizang frame? Complete with original receipt.

Sold one the same earlier this year for £900 to give you a idea

nadge123*,

My previous post was intended to be more of a humorous jab at the rarity and the universal desirability of that bike, but I also figured that another bump would keep your thread at the top of the forum list for all to see. I suspect that it might be a long time before you see one of those King Kahunas become available, but I'm willing to bet that Xizang will move FAST among this crowd if you were to sell it outright, no matter the price.

thanks for that buddy 🙏🙏

Back