How to mount granny gear on race face turbine cranks.

dirtyp

Dirt Disciple
Hi,
I have a set of race face turbine five bolt square taper compact drive cranks. I bought them to go on my 96 RM hammer race. I can get the middle and outer chainrings on but the five bolts for the granny(inner ring) are flush with the spider. Its like id need a 10mm spacer between the granny and crank arm to mount the ring.
Does this sound familiar to anyone? any solutions. is th ecrank set missing somthing? are they not for three chainrings?

thanks
Paul[/img]

You are missing the spacers.

An even if you were going to run two (or one) chainring, it is important to have the granny bolts fitted, since without them the cranks are much weaker.

where would i get a set of spacers to mount the granny?
would the cranks have come with them?

dirtyp":2p188p98 said:
would the cranks have come with them?

Yes, from the factory anyway. If you got them used then it is not uncommon for the origianl RaceFace hardware to be long gone. Local shops should have chainring spacers, or at least be able to order them, longer inner chainring bolts as well.

thanks for the responses......
I will have to check that out. The local bike shop guy here didnt have anything (Revelstoke Canada)
Yes I got the cranks used.
I have been looking online the biggest spacer i can find is a 5mm. It looks like i will need at least a 10mm to get the spacing right. I have a7spd cassette.
Ill look into it..

Does anyone here have any spacers bolts?

For some reason I was remembering them being 8.1mm. But what's .4mm between friends.

I have some at home that I can measure, I'll get back to ya.

Hey,
that would be awesome If you have some spacers and long bolts.
Let me know if you find em and i can paypal etc to get em on their way!!

I didn't mean to imply that they were available, just that I would measure to confirm the size. Sorry.

Back