How to date an alu Kona?

D_XZ

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Picked up a rather bargainous Muni Mula today. I got it mostly for parts as I thought the 18" frame would be too small but it actually seems like it might work for me, giving me a bit of a dilemma over what to do with it.

Anyway, it seems to have 3 sets of marking on the bb, none of which look like obvious date marks. Is there a way of intepreting these to get a date? Most of the kit on the bike is upgraded bling so can't really tell from the componentry

The frame is blue if that means anything

D_XZ":ittvw9px said:
Picked up a rather bargainous Muni Mula today. I got it mostly for parts as I thought the 18" frame would be too small but it actually seems like it might work for me, giving me a bit of a dilemma over what to do with it.

Anyway, it seems to have 3 sets of marking on the bb, none of which look like obvious date marks. Is there a way of intepreting these to get a date? Most of the kit on the bike is upgraded bling so can't really tell from the componentry

The frame is blue if that means anything

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... &Type=bike

Ah that looks like it! I take it they only did it in blue this one year? If not I guess I have to bow to your psychic powers!

Thanks for that! :cool:

Back