How NOT to build a retrobike picture thread

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
So, theres pages of quality efforts painstakingly re-enacting catalog and bitd builds, but what about those awkward 'its all I had left over' builds?

I'll start with one of my favourites - my purple 'is it a Zaskar?' from 2010

file.php

legrandefromage":176l055w said:
So, theres pages of quality efforts painstakingly re-enacting catalog and bitd builds, but what about those awkward 'its all I had left over' builds?

I'll start with one of my favourites - my purple 'is it a Zaskar?' from 2010

file.php

I wonder who nicked the lights off my Honda CB100 !

I do like the saddle and handlebar set up though :oops: The stem sucks , obviously :roll:

Mike

Re:

Matching tyres, disappointing, -5 points.

Perhaps there could be a monthly competition?, along the lines of BOTM but with the emphasis on NOT being catalogue correct.
Lets see who can build the most impressively crap shed on wheels :LOL:

Re:

If only I could find a photo of my Marin Mount Vision. Every colour of blue anodising possible on one bike. The style of build has been known to be called 'East Coast' - bolting on as much colourful bling as is possible to the point where the bike looks terrible.

Not so much all I had left over, as parts purposely chosen to use them up, rather than leaving them languishing unloved and unused...

More a "get your money's worth" type build.

Attachments

• IMG_20140530_134922.jpg
    IMG_20140530_134922.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 1,064
Re: Re:

REKIBorter":1fhbv9uh said:
If only I could find a photo of my Marin Mount Vision. Every colour of blue anodising possible on one bike. The style of build has been known to be called 'East Coast' - bolting on as much colourful bling as is possible to the point where the bike looks terrible.

ta da!

file.php

Re: Re:

legrandefromage":3aoocxfc said:
REKIBorter":3aoocxfc said:

ta da!

file.php

It gives the impression of a well loved, well ridden bike that has been upgraded and added to over several years. Looks beautiful to me. But then I do prefer my bikes to look cool and functional, but without being too carefully colour-coordinated.

Threw this together last week with some LX 550 parts off a donor and some other stuff I had tucked away.

2F1A055C-D21E-4C91-A26D-1D5DB6E00E7B-797-0000003967D26A63_zps81b2b0e4.jpg

Latest posts

Back