How much is my orange airo worth? Must see this bad boy!

Well I have made the decision that unless it's life or death I'm not going to part with it. Over £1k worth of bike when new, built it myself and in my eyes can't be replaced and I would cry to see it go for £100.. Purchased a new road bike to get to work on today!

yep, I sold the bike I bought when I was younger with money saved up from paper rounds & part time jobs.... cost a fortune to build up, and sold for peanuts. At the time I was just happy to get the money, looking back it was a crying shame.
But, it's only a bike, you can always get another, different, or better one.

Like C Speaks the truth. It happened to me. Caught said bug like an unprotected leper.
I have a relic of my past, the beginnings of a collection, and a grin from ear to ear thanks to the brilliant rides I have had on mine so far.

Unless it something rare then original cost is not always relevant...... but that works in your favour as a buyer (as a seller you can more or less write off most of the the cost :( )

As an example
I paid around £1800 for my proflex back in '98, which was in a sale, on ebay similar bikes sell for about £200-300. It was the first new bike i bought so im keeping it. I have unretroed it with carbon fibre goodness, fitted a modern rear shock and converted to disc brakes and does come out to play once in a while.

One reason it's generally better to split, you still get less than the kit is nominally "worth".
But you'll get a lot more than selling the bike complete.

Or do what I do, put old bikes in the attic.

It's about 60 square metres of clean, dry, walking height storage space. And I've already got 10 bikes in the bike room.

Or maybe 8. Can't remember.

Back