How much does this hold up?

Don't carry identification and if you are stopped give them a middle school bullies' information.
Sometimes I wish I was in the states, there’s rules for all sorts of nonsense in the uk, I imagine you’ve never paid to go camping, it’s a delight xD

I'm in Germany, and we have a 2 meter rule where i live. Bikes are legal on any way over 2 meters wide. But no one has defined what the edge of a way is. What is a way for me on a bike is a lot rougher and wider than a way for most hikers.

In the US, I found it could range a lot from free for all for bikers in really rural areas, so long as you didn't upset the cattle or ranchers, to way over zealous in open spaces near urban areas (where rangers were worried about bikers upsetting the AARP.

In Canada, it is Crown Lands. Literally 87% of Ontario is classified as such. I think that means you guys are allowed to ride wherever, because She's still the owner?

"Many recreational activities are allowed on Crown land for free (this excludes provincial parks and conservation reserves).
You can usually use Crown land to:

hike
bike
boat
canoe
cross-country ski
water ski
swim
bird watch
horse-back ride
hunt and fish"
tumblr_o3v1tkE4Mw1rasnq9o1_1280.jpg
See that HUUUUGE green area, bigger than your entire country? That's the playground.

Brag finished

In Canada, it is Crown Lands. Literally 87% of Ontario is classified as such. I think that means you guys are allowed to ride wherever, because She's still the owner?

"Many recreational activities are allowed on Crown land for free (this excludes provincial parks and conservation reserves).
You can usually use Crown land to:

hike
bike
boat
canoe
cross-country ski
water ski
swim
bird watch
horse-back ride
hunt and fish"
View attachment 619521
See that HUUUUGE green area, bigger than your entire country? That's the playground.

Brag finished
I want to say something negative about Canada to negate your brag because I am jealous but I can't come up with anything. May your tyres be eternally deflating increasingly faster than normally.

Yep, rural riding is much less hassle over there. In the states one need only be concerned with bears, murderous hillbillies, bigfoot, alien abduction, that sort of thing.
We've taught the murderous hillbillies to ride mountain bikes. Some of them even build titanium bikes for Lynskey in Tennessee. We've taught bears too. Even Bigfoot. Where do you think yeti cycles got their mascot? Haven't had an alien abduction in a few years. I think they've given up on trying to learn anything useful from a mountain biker.

Attachments

• bear-riding-bike-01c08620c53a4574944cac307e72e4f7.jpg
    bear-riding-bike-01c08620c53a4574944cac307e72e4f7.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 2
I regret already being such a killjoy, but I think we should not forget that the only thing you historically could not do on Crown Lands, and US Federal land, too, of course, is be a recognizably indigenous person...

The US and Canada have a lot of "open space" but at a very high cost.

Edit, as a kid I would regularly ride past a place where there were mortars carved into the rocks, and the meaning of that only later became clear to me.

Last edited:
Back