How many projects have you in .....

I only try and do one at a time. I dont have the room for loads. I wish I did.
Costs as well play a part of it. I cant afford to have loads of bikes ready to be restored or rebuilt.
If I start a project, I have to finish as soon as I can.
I am getting a few parts here and there as I have bought some bits for a build and then changed my mind and bought something different for a build. I have even bought a bike to restore, stripped it and then rebuilt it and sold it as is because I bought a different project to do.

I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

I have 2 wheels to rebuild and

Project :)

Until something else comes along.

It really depends how you define a project?

I have six or seven framesets that just collect dust, two that I am actively working on and one that just needs tires. My current projects, the ones I am actively building are both MTBs.

I despair at times when fitting a cup and cone bb,that has a cottered axle . Getting the chain line right can be a right pain . Has / is there a reference point for axle length and chainset type . Or are there to many variables .

as for cotter pins........

However the slim lines of a cottered Strong light chain set make up for the hassle.

not so much projects but more a case of waiting to be ridden as i can only ride one at a time

A Pollard , an unknown make that is my current commuter , a very tide Ian May , a very Original Dawes Imperial (now in loft) a Ridgeback Horizon ,Peugoet 531 , Marin mtb turbo bike , a Trek frame awaiting start plus a Claud Butler also awaiting start

I had a recent cull and consolidate because my stash was getting out of hand - I got rid of a frame I wasn't going to use, sold one complete bike and put one back together and took it to work. I took some wheels apart to scavenge just the rim, I took one to the tip and laced a new pair up so I could assemble my spare frame into a bike, which is now just missing cranks and a brake lever. I also put some rusted old bits together to make some garden art. That leaves me with: my track bike which is my daily, one spare bike awaiting those bits, one bike in bits in the loft and a unicycle without a wheel...

3, of which:
Peugeot Perthus 753R is in play, most of the bits acquired, just the deep breath and spray paint decision to make - current paint had to be stripped to remove rust around BB, so the decision is match, or strip back and start again.
Colnago MTB (early 90s) is waiting for affordable campag mtg bike bits on eBay
'59 Carlton Continental is stored awaiting money for good old bits, and decision as to patina or refurb.

I don't think there are any other frames in the loft...

Back