How many of you own an RTS on here?

...my frame is even older, it doesn´t have that 2 bolt dropout...

Bought it in late 92, it´s the 93 version, first RTS-1 model to come to the market...

retrobike152nr6.jpg

Yep... that's the really nice ones.

Maybe some day, if I find a frame... :cool: Always loved Jimmy Kight's one, even have the "A look at the Pro's bikes" article in my MBA magazine that has his RTS in it. Just so funny that in those early days, lots of Pro riders did NOT use suspension hubs up front at all. He had standard XTR front hubs and used a MAG21 crown with MAG20 blades in his RTS, also Julia Ingersoll's Nuke Proof bike (same article): she uses a Manitou fork with normal Nuke Proof carbon fibre hubs. And if you look at a lot of other riders bikes, I really can't help notice that a suspension hub isn't a must :?:

Anyway, those are two very sweet RTS bikes there. Love em both! :)

... and some day you'll be fed up with the thing and then you'll be thinking "Hey wasn't there this dude in Holland who fancied my RTS frame, might just give him a shout" hehehe ;-)

Some day I tell you... some day :twisted:

But first to my KLEIN Rascal, my S-works and off to sell the Scott (yeah, you read it right: the Scale).

still got mine, was going to ebay it but its now hung in the loft with a load of others.

Attachments

• 13092007135 (Medium) (2).jpg
    13092007135 (Medium) (2).jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 1,254
Can anyone kindly help me with the proper bottom bracket / spindle size for the RTS? I have my old 1995 RTS-2 that I am rebuilding but I have no idea on the spindle length for this bike. I will be using a square taper bottom bracket...any help is appreciated!

Little Bob":3bc6gy1p said:
Not really thought about an RTS before but there are some lovely looking machines here - what's the typical weight for a complete RTS, are they really heavy?

I got mine down to about 23 lbs fully built, I can get it lighter if I replaced the maguras with v brakes though.

I like Brettels RTS-2, its got that used but loved look. Kind of a lot history to it.

Just bagged a Spin rear wheel for mine off MadCowKev, ready for MM this year. This will sit nicely with my Pro-Circuit front wheel :cool:

Back