How far is your average ride?

I'm not sure on distances these days 'cos I gave up on computers recently as I found them counter productive. I was trying to beat times/max distance instead of enjoying the view!

Anyway, I try to do two hours (on or off road) three times a week and a bit more at the weekend.
That's on top of the commute (when I do it).

My next ride will be about 8000 km. But most of that will be an airplane ride :D

Seriously though, on average 20-25 miles off-road, and if we bike to the forest an extra 8-9 each way. Try to avoid that though, as I hate the wind and pavement bores me. I want all my energy in the forest! :D

Mileage

I now only do 20 ish at a go max with a few short 10 milers midweek and enjoy things, but I'm 50 plus now. I used to do 200 plus off road every week as well as running 100 plus training and a race a week. But after 20 years plus of this, I feel my body has had enough hammer, so I do a lot of distance walking to keep the weight down and enjoy the biking.

We have a group of weekend warriors and do 45 to 50 kilometers each Sunday morning, 90% off road. With my modern steed in repairs I rode this for 6 weeks or so on the retro rigid Ti hardtail posted in readers bikes.

Once a year we join a 100km off-road marathon and since last year we have an "annual" 24 hours team race that we do with a team of 5. The second edition 24H race is up for August :D

I try and get a similar 40-50 km road ride in midweeks, but that is rather on-off.

Enjoy!!

MadCowKev":1nszl7bu said:
I tend to measure MTB rides in time

Agreed.

You cant measure a MTB ride in distance, it simply has to be time. The MM circuit is a prime example of that........

Cool, some interesting and informative (for me) replies, cheers.

I'm also wondering what the panel think about using a bike that's specific to task.

At the moment I'd say 75% of my riding is on the road (3 times a week after work for excercise purposes), off road is purely for pleasure at the weekends.

On that basis I'm pondering having a road bike in the stable for the evening work outs and the (retro I should add :) ) MTB for weekend adventures..

Hmmm.. as descisions go it's not exactly and unpleasant one to make I guess :D

paddy01":3en4l57g said:
On that basis I'm pondering having a road bike in the stable for the evening work outs and the (retro I should add :) ) MTB for weekend adventures..

I just put commuter tyres (1.5 semi-slicks) on my Cannondale and use that on the road :)

Latest posts

Back