The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Got the new dansette arriving next week. Dug out lots of nice old records. Back in the day I had a thing that looked like a velvet board rubber. What's a modern way to clean? I'm not looking at £300 devices, just something to get the dust off before I spin some discs on the rega. Can you still get the little arm with a brush on it or is that so 1980?

Help please. Thanks THM.

I haven't played an LP for over 10 years I reckon but what I used was one square of toiled paper folder over 2 or 3 times then moistened in water (the moistening reduces static and helps pick up dust)

Put LP on spinning turntable and hold against surface to clean.

There is a lot of debate as to whether cleaning is good or bad, one camp says the stylus will move the debris out of the way so it not necessary and that cleaning will force more dust into the grooves anyway; the other, probably the cleaner manufacturers will say the opposite.

PS are we getting any clues on the yellow cover?

Thanks. Saw that. For the occasional deep clean. Will see how I go.

Yellow - think red wedge.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back