How could this be improved? Finished?

Think I need the XT V calipers back on though. SRAM 7.0 don't look the part. Really spoils it. Levers are fine though.

Sorted it again for you

bike_burns.gif.jpg

Re: Re:

245216afe8c75eb9ab9d38eb31b73d20_zpsf14a5f24.jpg

Test ride today as is. Hope there are no elderly or infirm out. (other than myself)

Re:

I know we've had a lot of fun at Trig's expense, but today i went out and made sure all was right and proper for LHM when he takes part in his first mayhem. I write from the point of view of one who only discovered V brakes a couple of years ago and who has this as my only ever ridden FS bike.

OMFG was it a laugh! I stripped and greased all the pivots, put 300 PSI in the rear shock, pumped up the tyres to 40 PSI and adjusted everything to perfection before i left. Climbing is a little bouncy but bearable as the payback on the downhill is well worth it. I ride the common including the extremely steep scree and gravelly sections regularly on rigids and hardtails but this was soooo much easier.

Kept waiting for the 'kick' so throw me off balance but it never came.

The steep nasty path back to winchcombe was great fun rather than buttock clenching. (broke spokes last time)

All I could hear on the way round was my chuckles and screaming children clutching their faces as i passed.

Nice.

I had the confidence and brakes and grip to negotiate the left hand slopes without bottling it.

Back