hope ti glide hub

know there a ti glide hubs due to having had 5 or 6 sets of them before but these were the short ones for FORKS not the short rear axle that takes the no2 caliper or the gt caliper which requires a short axle 130mm (std is 135mm ) and the mounting parts for the rear dropout

was double checking them before they went up for sale i was 99% sure on the aplication

That's right.

The axle sticks out by about 10mm on the disk side so that the calliper mount can clamp between the hub and dropout.

You could make them work I guess, but you'd need a spacer to fill the gap.

You can see the setup here:

DSCN3378.jpg

This is the hub.

IMG_0612.jpg

This one is a bit different as it has no end cap on the axle at all because of the the width of the RC35 fork.

Does anyone know what specific hub was needed
Im trying to gather together the parts and ive most bits but not sure what is still missing
Hope C2 No1 caliper with Pace fork mount- CHECK however there appears to be 2 versions at least of this lower bolt on mount :?
Hub - CHECK Was hoping to use a nos bulb ive just got
Fork - Nope :LOL:

Ive a number of axles but dont know which would be appropriate .Ive a feeling though that its a standard front axle for sus,sport etc but with the spacer removed. And ive a number of spacers of all types but dont know what it looks like :)

Thought it better to revive the thread than pm people

I dont think that Bulbs came with the same axle type as the Suspension (ti centred) front whic is what you would need to run the setup shown on the Pace fork above (I have one of these bough from Mr Panda years ago...

My bulb would work with an IS tab but I dont think it would work with any of the adaptors (unless you got a set up I havent seen before) The Bulb was about the time of International Standard.

I have a hope catalogue on my flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/craighenry/3529458880/ which gives some blurb about the mounts etc.....

Glancing at the pics on flickr the catalogue appears to predate the Bulb so I cant imagine the fitting would have been backwards compatible.....

I think you'll need a Suspension front....

boxxer":21hjb230 said:
Glancing at the pics on flickr the catalogue appears to predate the Bulb so I cant imagine the fitting would have been backwards compatible.....

I think you'll need a Suspension front....

Ive a nice silver pair of ti and fatso. I see fatso on the brochure but the spacers are radically different to the suspension so i dont know if that one is compatible :? Rest assured ive a few others :LOL:

Very interesting Guys, Thanks for all this :D
I wouldnt mind seeing a front elevation or plan of the front set up. Outside of a set up instruction manual its hard to know exactly how it all fits . The pics are good but the side on angle doesnt really tell you anything.

Ill see if anyone in general chat has such a set up and is willing to take 20 pics :LOL:

Was hoping to eventually be able to gather together the full set. No2 rear,No1 front and all the associated parts. Unfortunately the other night a pleading heart bought my New GT No2 :(

Cheers all again :cool:

Let me get back to you on that Jacque in a bit though, ive a bit on at the mo.
It would be nice to get something like hub in fork with system fitted but front on and without the wheel being built. Effectively a Front Elevation view. That would allow me to see the space between the hub body and the inside of the fork leg. The spacer would show front view and id see if i have one in the box. Its a tight space in there. I think id take a guess on a suspension hub of no more than 12mm :?
The lower 1/2 adaptor for the No1 is 8mm for the P (or Pace( lower, though i have another which is 12mm but no P or anything stamped onto it. Fitting isnt exactly the same either, theres a little play but it does look No1 fitting. Ill get the box ut and run through the calipers and see if any of them is a closer fit.

Oh Hell, the entire components list :LOL:

:oops: Eerr BUMP

:p

Latest posts

Back