Hope splined tool - where to buy?

xiphon

Old School Hero
Hello everyone,

Where can I get my mits on one of these - CRC is out, and I can't find anywhere through Google...

113.jpg

Anyone got one I could buy off them?

Thanks,
Ali

Harryburgundy":1r7pm06o said:
Is that for the BB?

No, it's for some old Hope Sport hubs (circa 2000/2001). They have a lock-ring, which secures a spider for a 5-bolt rotor.

Second that. Park tools green peg spanner will solve all your Royce and Hope adjustable cup and disc lockring needs.

If you find it really tight and the spanner keeps jumping out.
This is the way my favoured bike mechanic took off one of mine.Previous owner solved any problem of it loosening -Used superglue :shock:

His way was to use a very wide washer thing[i think it was originally the middle of a dishing tool,but i reckon a normal type wide washer]

take off the end spacer cap or use a washer with a hole wide enough to fit over it :?
Due to the length of axle sticking out you'll need to use several washers to bridge the gap though just the wide one is needed on the bottom so small ones are fine.

You put the pin spanners in as shown ,then tighten down using a QR skewer.This prevents the 'pins' from jumping out and you can put maximum pressure without worry :D

Another member has just used this method to free up a very stubborn bulb spider.,off in moments he said :cool:

Attachments

• dynas_pics_002_large_136.jpg
    dynas_pics_002_large_136.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,317
Using a pin spanner had crossed my mind after all it worked to get a seized piston out of my xc4's but I was certain it would slip and I'd round off the soft Ali but dyna tis tip will solve this-thanks for help.

Back