Hope Evo cranks. Fakery?

Apply for a refund as Not As Described and state reason. You can usually add a photo, so screenshot any correspondence from Hope. EBay should force a return notice on them or possibly just refund you and bill them.

This is the way. I was sold a fake apple watch recently, and after filling a Not as Described with appropriate pics, I was asked to return it with pre-paid postage and as soon as it was delivered I got a refund. Seller was uncommunicative throughout, but it made no difference.

The person that bought these originally knew they were fake.

And the seller (if its a different person) probably knew this -
They turn up looking unused, and the seller isn't horrified to find he owned and sold on a fake item 🤔

You were sold a fake.
"Not as described"
simple.

Get the ball rolling.
You'll get your money back, whether they take returns or not.

People are buying Aliexpress (and elsewhere obvs) fakes specifically to sell them on as used genuine.

We need to make it not work.

This is the way. I was sold a fake apple watch recently, and after filling a Not as Described with appropriate pics, I was asked to return it with pre-paid postage and as soon as it was delivered I got a refund. Seller was uncommunicative throughout, but it made no difference.
My worry is proof it was delivered as the seller clearly knows and has already said he won't refund. If I post them using the eBay label, will I be out of pocket if delivery is refused by the seller? Don't want to be in the position of having paid for the item and not having it too.

May not be needed now. After opening case, seller has offered partial refund which is almost full, less their postage cost I'm guessing. Seems the path of least resistance, and I don't have to return them.

May not be needed now. After opening case, seller has offered partial refund which is almost full, less their postage cost I'm guessing. Seems the path of least resistance, and I don't have to return them.
I’d go with that option, but seriously there would have been nothing to worry about. No matter what they say about no returns it’s part of eBay t+c’s that sellers are forced to agree to. Once you have dropped it at the post office (and they scan it and give you a receipt) it’s done.

Back