Hope bottom bracket longevity

Re:

I've had one for years and had no issues. Problem is, it's been sat in a box all that time.

Joking aside, I've read both good and bad about the bearing life. I think Shimano still set the standard, but the hope ones are a close second.

You can replace the bearings yourself as/when they need it. You don't need to spend big on the hope bearings, there are equally as good ones for less.

I 2nd that on the bearings. Just rebearing'd a dozen or so hope hubs. Hope spec bearings it would has cost a heck of a lot, whereas Dunlop bearings, which are likely just good, are about 95p-£1.05.

Obviously the bigger the bearing the more it costs, but replacements should not be costing £17 EACH :shock: That is a pisstake.

Here you go. :D
https://www.bearing-king.co.uk/bearing/ ... ec-3/17126

Shimano warranty bb bearings for 900 miles

Hope I believe have a 2 year warranty iirc

Hope are miles ahead of shimano in terms of quality and longevity

Certainly worth the money for any hope components

Re: Re:

xerxes":3kqhy2nc said:
You can replace just the bearings in Shimano Hollowtech II bottom bracket cups: http://www.mountainbikerides.co.uk/inde ... p;Itemid=9

I'm not sure how worthwhile it is though, given that a whole new Deore BB costs around £10.00 and an XT around £15.00.
Thats what I was thinking,if a Hope lasts 7 years for me without replacing anything(except regrease)then its worth the initial outlay.

Re: Re:

mechanicalvandal":cighx0bm said:
66 triumph daytona":cighx0bm said:
I barely got a year from my current XTR one.

Is your frame faced?

In addition, you shouldn't over tighten the funny bolt thing on the non drive side, it should be just nipped up, finger tight. If you over tighten it, it puts too much side load on the bearings and shortens their life. Think of it like the top cap on an threadless headset, tighten it just enough to take out any slack or movement.

Park-Tool-BBT9-Bottom-Bracket-Tool-Hollowtech3-large.jpg

Back