Hog Tie them Tresspassing E bikers : )

There might be more to it granted. But taken at face value, it’s waay OTT.
If a farmer did that to my 17 yr old he’d be eating half of the nearest manure heap!!
Surely the correct response would be to tell your 17yr old that other people's property is to be respected, and to stop being a bit of a shit? Or are you a parent that thinks their kid can do no wrong and only you have the right to 'discipline' him (hint, situations like the original link are down to a complete lack of discipline or respect for the consequences).

Hard to decide who I like less in this. Ideally, this situation would replicated across the country until all the aggressive farmers were in jail having tied up all the criminal scamps in barns around the UK.

Surely the correct response would be to tell your 17yr old that other people's property is to be respected, and to stop being a bit of a shit? Or are you a parent that thinks their kid can do no wrong and only you have the right to 'discipline' him (hint, situations like the original link are down to a complete lack of discipline or respect for the consequences).
What makes you think I wouldn’t discipline my kid or expect him to behave respectfully?? Actually I have very firm, uncompromising beliefs about morals and responsibility. But the two aren’t exclusive. It’s not just goodies vs baddies - there can be idiots on all sides!

This needed to be dealt with by the police in an appropriate manner. From what’s been reported, the farmers response was totally out of proportion.

When I lived in a remote part of North Wales I had shotguns pointed at me by farmers when I was trying to ride perfectly legal bridleways. It happened on three occasions in different locations. One of the f****s even had the bridleway signs in a skip in his farmyard. Another pointed his gun at me, told me there wasn't a bridleway where I knew one to be and said in a very sinister way "I wouldn't go that way, I wouldn't like you to get hurt".
Made me want to hogtie them to be honest.

I was shot at several times by farmers as a kid. I’ve also worked on farms on and off all my life and have loads of sympathy for the plight of many farmers who often have harder, more thankless lives than most people could imagine.
Many of them are extremely stressed, often lonely and suffer from depression.
Doesn’t disguise the fact that some can be King Cnuts though!

An expert hog tie but a pig's ear of a citizen's arrest. Police say, 'It's an absolute swine of a case.'

I'll get my coat.

Latest posts

Back