Hi From Wales and Zaskar troubles.

You can find decals fairly easily on eBay, or on here, gil_m is the resident decal guru and will be able to knock you up a set.

Let us know how you get on with the repair, and congratulations on finding the world's most accommodating eBay seller!!

It can be re welded easy enough.
You need a welder with a ac/dc welding set the correct aluminium filler wire (6061)
And it will need heat treating also.

Re:

Hi guys quick update re welded and heat treated, here's some pics of the frame currently being stripped ready for elbow grease and autosol ! the forks are gt 3d embossed.
I have read lots on different forums about ping pong paddles, riveted cable stays etc, who exactly on here knows what is what and where it's made please? I think i'm gonna restore as best as with original ubrake canti's etc please keep advice coming. I have a real busy personal life at the moment so may take a while to reply but please keep advice coming guys . have found the serial number 04911277 thanks again Gareth

Attachments

• zaskar3.jpg
    zaskar3.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 441
  • zaskar4.jpg
    zaskar4.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 441
  • zaskar5.jpg
    zaskar5.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 441
Thias":b1lweu38 said:
What? No pis of the new weld? :LOL:

Yeah come on, let's see the handiwork!

Sorry to hear of your bereavement, but good stuff sticking with it and getting sorted, it'll be all the more special for it once you're finished :)

Gil_M is the only man to talk decals with, legend in these parts and almost certainly already has what you need on file. Can be found at
RetroDecals.co.uk
or on Twitter these days :D

Re: update

well guys, frame is welded, looks better in real life than photo, bottom bracket was seized solid but now out, time for the autosol now......

Attachments

• threads.jpg
    threads.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 384
  • weld.jpg
    weld.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 384
  • bottomb.jpg
    bottomb.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 384
Re:

i hope that weld is better than your photography skills :facepalm: :LOL: