hi! from Montreal Canada

0mega

Retro Newbie
...well not actually Montreal, but from a city 20min. north of Montreal

i found this site while i was searching for some oldschool Rocky Mountain's, the Equipe and Blizzard, 1995-97

i didn't know the oldies were still hot!
and i didn't know lots of pep were also into them, glad to see the passion for them is still alive!

so ill be lurking around and reading up on the forum and admiring the oldies you guys are posting up

little info on me:

almost 36, welder from Montreal, bought a house just outside of Mtl, had a couple of HT back in the day (RM, Bianchi, Kona, Parkpre), then moved on a FS (my 1st was a 856 Proflex), then DH for some years, mainly at Bromont (i can still remember when we rode there on our full rigids, on my RM Fusion!!), stopped riding after some hard falls and had an old Kona Alu frame that i repainted and built up, rode a bit then gave it to my brother

got myself a old Lavadome rigid for everyday riding and right now I'm trying to find a bike i had back in the day so i can give the Lavadome to the gf

i'll copy this next part in the 'wanted' section, but while I'm here... ;)

i'm looking for a bike in this list in size 17-17.5":

Rocky mountain
- Equipe, 1995 (like i had bitd)
- Blizzard, 1995-1998

Kona, 1993-1997
- Explosif
- Kilauea
- Hei Hei
- Hot

i know this is a uk site, but some of you could be in Canada, and maybe if I'm lucky there's a few here from Quebec! ;)

later!

welcome aboard the good ship Retrobike.

You'll find a large number of geeks and loosers in here with the same passion for old Canadian built stuff like yourself. I'm sure you will find something to tickle your fancy!! If not your bank managers or other halfs. ;)

al, geek a looser and proud. :D

1993 Rocky Mountain Blizzard 18.5" for sale

Hello,
I have a 1993 Rocky Mountain Blizzard 18.5" for sale (by original owner) if this interests you.
Not sure how different this is from the 1996 version you're looking for, but thot I would pass it along.
Thx
stacey
vancouver,canada

tanx for the offer stacey but the 18.5 on the big side for me

i would be all over it if it was a 16 or 17.5"

tanx anyways!

*theres a nice one near Toronto that i would grab but its a 6h drive from Montreal :?

will i do a road trip...!?!
how far did any of you guys & gals went to get one of your grails?

Latest posts

Back