Hi and any help

Dan82

Dirt Disciple
Hi all
I was given this ladies raleigh bike and was hoping if anyone can shine a light on when it was made and what it could be worth as i dont need it.
Its a raleigh touriste and yes thats what it says on frame,it has drop bars on it and its 18 speed,it has canty lever brakes and drop down gears.
Any help would be great.
Its also a 531 frame and is dark blue to light blue in colour.

I've Googled a not-that-good pic here:

525380-500x299.jpg

Must admit, I'd nearly forgotten that some of the Raleigh 531 tourers of that time came in a ladies' format (although at that level, surprised the frame design isn't the slightly superior mixte type as was the case with the Dawes range) as well.

David

Thats the same as mine,so any idea what year it was made and what its worth cos i need to get rid of it.

Dan82":1js0g3dt said:
Thats the same as mine,so any idea what year it was made and what its worth cos i need to get rid of it.

Mid-late 80s at a guess, judging by the decal font and Raleigh markings on the seatstay caps. Is it easy to read the frame number - which probably starts with a W - on the underside of the bottom bracket shell (sometimes it gets hidden by the cable guide)? If so, someone ought to be able to assist with putting a more accurate date to it.

David

I really aint sure but its doing my head in as need it gone really but will keep trying and need to sell cannondale too.

Latest posts

Back