Help with insurance claim.

I've made a comparison with the classic car market in another thread. There's a whole industry grown up around classic cars (and motor bikes), fuelled by people with an often excessive income over expenditure (but not always ;)) and the insurance industry has had to take note of the prices vehicles make in the marketplace. Can't somehow see this happening with classic bikes though (despite the efforts of some people on e-bay :evil:)

Well, after a nice chat with my broth I can confirm the bike isn't technically a rourke but sort of is...

The frame was built by Paul Washington/washingham (my bro couldn't remember the name exactly) privately for the swinnertons, he was a frame builder at rourkes but built the frame outside of rourkes' books.

He was used to build the frame for one of the swinnerton girls when the builders swinnertons usually use were unable to meet the order in time for a certain ride/race to have a usable bike, the number holders and other braisons were carried out separately at a later date, the stickers as suspected meant nothing, the frames off cream colour simply leant itself to having Rayleigh stickers applied, when finished it didn't carry these, just the signatures and a date. The tubing is/was 753 the frame they think is from 88 rather than 83 and that's all I got told. Which sort of covers most bases on finding out what's going on. I just wish I knew who'd bothered to get tour of britain and a crest engraved onto the bars, that's still a mystery!

Paul Washington was Brian's builder for many years until Jason, Brian's son, took over after he left. The story you tell sort of fits in with what I thought but I wasn't sure if Paul was a 753 registered builder but he obviously was.

Good to know the mystery has now been solved!

But does it help with your initial insurance problem?!

Woz, lets draw a line under it there before it all gets silly shall we. ;)

Interesting if it is, I could call up Raphacondorsharp and ask I suppose...

My brother took the frame to both Rourkes and Swinnertons, at Swinnertons a guy came to meet my brother and told him about the frame, wasn't too pleased it had been crashed or that my brother had stripped the paint of by all accounts. :LOL:

But does it help with your initial insurance problem?!
Ha, to be totally honest I doubt it... I suppose at least now I can figure out how much a frame would cost now and add that to the build list.

You don't really get much more connected to that...

Should I just list the components and see what sticks... I'm still no closer to getting a valuation really. :oops:

A follow up really, still no luck at all.

Frame set reynolds 753 w/ drilled lugging.
Groupset Campagnolo Super Record inc headset and seatpost
Wheels Mavic Open Pro rims 700c
Seat San Marco Rolls
Pedals Campagnolo Super Record
Stem Cinelli Al quill
Bars Cinelli I think R1, not sure.

Back