Help with fork & wheels comparability pls

Monkeeee01

Retro Guru
Hi all,

I’m interested in buying a pair of Fox 36 Kashima Factory Series Talas RLC 26” Forks for a build I want to start but I can’t work out which wheels they would be compatible with.

I’ve tried looking them up on Fox’s website but not really getting anywhere. Photo below and they are described as:

• 20x110mm hub spacing

• Compatible with a 26” front wheel that has a 20mm hub

Looking at the pic they are clearly not old classic QR skewers and look like a through axle but I’m not sure on the size? I’ve only had a 15mm one before and didn’t think they made 20mm

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks

IMG_6168.jpeg

20x110 is the hub size. Screenshot_20241020-111557_Firefox.jpg
You will need to find the right wheel or build one. Popular in the early 2000s - we've probably got wheels and hubs knocking around in the basement because hardly anyone wants them any more.

A 1&1/8 fork 20x110 would be worth less than 15x100,110 or even qr because of the lack of demand.

Last edited:
Thanks so both the 20mm and 100mm have no ref to the size of the axle and I should ask the seller what the diameter of the through axle is?

Is that right?

Thank you

Thanks so both the 20mm and 100mm have no ref to the size of the axle and I should ask the seller what the diameter of the through axle is?

Is that right?

Thank you

The 20 is the size of the through axle, so just look for any 20mm hubs, quite common, usualy on downhill bikes so a lot of 2nd hand downhill wheels about.

20x110 as you have there was the DH standard for years, since the Judy DHO in 97.
Not to be confused with 20x110 boost which is the modern DH standard, the brake mount is in a slightly different place.
Best bet is a non boost Hope hub these can easily be converted between 20/15/12 and QR.

The axle is 20mm
It's not part of the hub - usually supplied with the fork, like in your picture.
The hub has a 20mm bore to take the axle, and is 110mm wide to fit in the fork

Ah ok so likely only DH wheels/hubs.

I might look at a different fork then…

Thanks all!

As it was a common size there are wheels built with all sorts of rims, so not just DH specific, and like above a common hub was the Hope so plenty of converted ones with normal rims on.

As it was a common size there are wheels built with all sorts of rims, so not just DH specific, and like above a common hub was the Hope so plenty of converted ones with normal rims on.
Ok cool, thank you mate. Will see if I can find a nice set with Hope Hubs!

Back