Help with an old bike

winchman

Dirt Disciple
In the 90s I worked for a bike factory
When I left I was given a top spec bike, Ally frame Tange Strut Forks and everything else is Deore DX96 apart from the front mech which I think is XTR.
So its a bit small for me so should I break it of sell as one?
The frame has a few marks in the laquer, but the rest of the bits are good.

Agreed..the linky will take you to how much is my xyz worth and is a good starting place.. A bike is not enough...the condition, kit fitted and exact bike always helps to get the best guestimate so pics are essential

I am also puzzled as to working at a bike factory and not knowing what top spec bike you have..looking forward to seeing what follows

Plenty of 'Bike factories' built frames for a number of manufacturers, and some still do - Giant for instance build a lot of their 'competitors' carbon frames - so it is likely that the bike had no make as such.

Or he's just forgotten.

Forgotten how to read the name on the tubing? :shock:

I'm guessing it is a branded frame??

jimo746":1nnutwbe said:
to get an idea of the value post your question here... http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29681&start=4050

You don't say what make of bike it is though? surely if you worked in the factory that made them you'd know what it was? :?
Thanks
The factory made stuff from botton to top of the range, the bits came off a Marlborough spartan that was damaged in the ware house and had a 7000 series ally frame firtted that was used on mant different makes, basically if it didnt say Raleigh chances are we made it

sylus":2cn4zptp said:
Agreed..the linky will take you to how much is my xyz worth and is a good starting place.. A bike is not enough...the condition, kit fitted and exact bike always helps to get the best guestimate so pics are essential

I am also puzzled as to working at a bike factory and not knowing what top spec bike you have..looking forward to seeing what follows
Wasnt reallyt in to bikes, told one of the lads I needed a bike and they got this as damaged stock and re framed it for me, one big boss who left they managed to build a bake with every thing different odd wheels cranks etc, it took ages but still could be rode

herculepoirot.jpg

Back