help! Seatpost stuck in frame!

mine looks like this, and I haven't finished yet.

did you have any luck with yours?

cheers,
g

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

Yup, thats what mine looks like only with less damage to frame!

Was starting to loose my rag on sunday with it so decided to halt the proceedings and watch the GP instead!

WIll post pics next time i am working on the bike!

Might be easier to source another frame................hmm, worth a shout!

That is extreme guys! No need for that at all, if you were closer to Chester I would offer to get it out for you. Has coke been suggested yet as an antisieze, worked for me a few times.

Try the right sized expansion bolt, tighten it up until it grips the seat tube inner wall and hopefully if you have used enough anti-seize you will get it to turn in the frame. Once you have rotational movement, extraction should be a relative doddle.

Pogo":29szjqps said:
Try the right sized expansion bolt, tighten it up until it grips the seat tube inner wall and hopefully if you have used enough anti-seize you will get it to turn in the frame. Once you have rotational movement, extraction should be a relative doddle.

The problem is though that with relatively thin-walled tube (like a seatpost) all that you're likely to do with this method is to expand it so it grips the inside of the seat tube even more (like unscrewing the lid from a jar - the harder you grip it the tighter it becomes).

Splitting and/or a slide hammer will have far more chance of success.

What's been done to that Brodie frame is nothing short of obscene :evil:
That's just brute force and ingnorance which rarely solves anything.

Pogo":jgpsskaf said:
I'd give it a go before hacking the frame,
that's got to be last chance saloon. ;)

I couldn't agree more - once a frame's been reduced to the state that Brodie's in it's only fit for scrap. If I'd done that I certainly wouldn't be posting photos of my "handiwork" anyway.

Please don't go down the hacking the frame route. That Brodie is now buggered and useless. Have you tried Coke (Coca Cola) yet??

Back