HELP: Rockshox Judy 1995 XC problem?

Fatboy1974

Rocky Mountain Fan
Alpinestars Fan
When I received gums were melted.I replaced the elastomers in a good condition unit, but it has a very short travel, maybe 25mm. I inspected in deep, unassemblyying everything, cleaned, greased, Cartridge seems to work properly, no oil leakages ( maybe an small dead cartridge travel because of air, but once reassembles still no travel. I put this time 5 soft and one hard, and seems that i use travel with my weight ( SAG), and fork is not able to go further. Any idea?

As far as I remember, this should be 55-60mm, not 25mm !!

Attachments

• Bike-tech TG11 10.jpg
    Bike-tech TG11 10.jpg
    673.7 KB · Views: 13
Unless the elastomers are solid, it should have some travel. Does it slide through its full range of motion with no elastomers installed?

They could well be 60mm travels setup looking at the brace.

But take the elastomers out (as in the above post) and see what travel you get.
If it's not the full travel you then check the cartridge and dummy shaft.
And then...

SAG at his time would be negligible, maybe 1cm at max. Compression with elastomer ramps up rapidly as they compress making the last part harder to get unless you're riding and hitting things hard.

Go for a ride see what you get (are these new elastomers?)

I know this expression, but it's not an issue with quality of elastomers. You can rely in SDG and you'll find good feedback around here. They seem totally correct. And I asked for a softer ones, and they sent me for free. Good service also. But now I know it's not a fact of hardness.
I need to find time to dissassemble elastomers anf find out what limits my travel. In fact, first 25mm of travel are very smooth, but then it's blocked somewhere. And the elastomers has no capacity to block a fork this way. It is like an stone. I aqsssume a cartridge problem.

Latest posts

Back