Help please - Aluminium GT serial numbers

kingoffootball

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well, previously I have only been looking at the format for the steel frames:

And there is thread for Xizang serials here and I have a spreadsheet with all the ones listed in that thread recorded.

This thread sparked my interest in not knowing much about the serials of aluminium GTs, apart from Zaskars, and since there's some overlap with the steel ones I have decided I may as well collect aluminium ones too and see whether there's anything else I can learn.

Please share any pre-1998 aluminium GT serials that you are willing to.

To get you started, the only aluminium GT I've owned is my often-missed 1991 Zaskar, which had a serial number of 11901830 no 6061 or USA stamp, like some other early ones, and a few anomalies:

IMG_2193.JPG

Fantastic, thank you. I've just been through the threads to see whether there's anything helpful I can pick up. A couple of notes on them:
* The first RTS is a 1993 RTS 2, rather than the 1992 mentioned in the thread (frame made late 1992, correct 93 catalogue shot showing titanium colour)
* The second RTS 2 is 1993, as GM states it could be in the last post (frame made late 1993)
* The Avalanche AL between the two is 1993, rather than 1994 stated in the thread. In theory, that could make it a stripped Panthera AL but Avalnche seems more likely.

Back