Help needed identifying a bike. - Pictures now added.

Thanks. Thats looks like a certain match except for the colouring! Never heard of Iron Horse. Do you know what the NV initials on the frame refer to?

lk":l0sk55au said:
Thanks ape. Thats looks like a certain match except for the colouring! Never heard of Iron Horse. Do you know what the NV initials on the frame refer to?

I've not got a clue to be honest mate, also looks very like the diamond back if you look closely, think they were a particular design that a few companies produced, bit like the lawhill design where both yeti and schwinn used the same design

its a verlicchi design that was bought by iron horse and dbr. Verlicchi were, and still are, pretty famous and active in motorsport

I think the guy is called nino verlicchi and there logo is NV in the triangle

still is

http://www.verlicchi.it/

Mobes":3l41p8iu said:
here you go
rob_warner_1_133.jpg

the reason chainguides were invented? :LOL:

As many have said it's a Verlicchi design.

The shop I worked at bitd used to sell quite a few of these. They came with different colour swingarms and cable stops iIrc.

I've seen red, blue, purple, green, black and silver ones over the years (all with a polished front triangle). Other manufacturers that licensed the design may well have had custom colours though.

The ride on them was pretty dire and, because of the high pivot point, there was a lot of pedal induced feedback. Also at low speeds the suspension used to kick back through the pedals (in the same way that the Cannondale EST design did).

Not sure that this helps, but I thikn I've seen these badged as Sintesi, I think the model was Bromont or something similar?

salsa ala carte?

Hello,

I've purchased a bike 2 weeks ago and during the last week I've tried to identify. It comes with '99 xtr and 99 (2000?) manitou sx carbon forks. It has salsa/merlin handlebar (titanium I guess) and salsa saddle tube flip.

The frame has re-painted without any stickers so it is a bit difficult to identify it. It has Ritchey drops. I got the '95 and '99 salsa catalogues but I think mine is an early/mid '90.

I measured the frame:
seat tube: 18.5
head tube: 95-100 mm
top tube: 570 mm (real), 585 mm (effective)
seat tube: 460-465 mm
chain stay: 425 mm

Can it be a Salsa Ala Carte? What year? The serial number is H6K02686.

Pix: http://picasaweb.google.hu/norbert.petr ... aAlaCarte#

Many Thanks,
Norbert

Back