Help me make something of my old Klein

uphillcursing2

Dirt Disciple
The frame is now at the powder coaters. Hopefully it will be back mid week or at least by the weekend.

Now we need to look at the forks. The ones currently fitted are set of RST Mozo pro. I am not sure if these are in keeping with where i want to go with this and the colour is very wrong for the new frame colour. Should I look for a different set? or send these to the powder coaters too? Does anyone have a link to pulling these apart?

I imagine I will have a lot of questions on the way and will almost certainly be in need of some guidance.

Cheers for any help in advance

I got bored and as its raining I went out to the garage and started to undo bolts. This is where i go too:

DSC02618.jpg

So that is the fork we have to decide to keep or not. If the decision is to keep it i dont think it will be able to go to the powder coaters. There is what looks to be a disc of white plastic that lies in the bottom of both legs. Not sure it would survive the oven.

[/img]
DSC02621.jpg

[/url]

Correct course of action is

Open bin

Dump rst in

Close lid

Purchase forks that work

Job done.... Please keep these off a Klein

+1 rst=budget
and as such no good on a klein and they dont work that well either ;)

Frame back yet :?:

Suggestions for something suitable?

I am open to rigid forks or suspension. What do we think?

Frame ETA is Tuesday/ Wednesday. Will post pics as soon as it is in my possession.

I had some manitou mars carbon on mine they are a lovely and light fork and really smooth travel,you may struggle to find some though,or manito sx carbon from a year earlier,there are some in the for sale thread at the mo ;)

uphillcursing2":hy5rxkrb said:
Now where does a chap get some decals from?

PM manitou916 or gil_m on this site they make 1st class decals

Very nice,but your options only seem to be black forks or white forks.
Manitou were specced on later trek kleins and rock shox on earlier ones. :?

Back