Help me decide PLEASE!

Redchoppa

Dirt Disciple
Hi,
I'm in the middle of a Merlin Ti build 1993 Frame, the bike came with Shimano M950 and Pace RC36 Pro 2 forks, Forks are excellent condition.

Do i stick with M950 that i think is approx. 97 and Rc36's that i also think are approx. 2000-2001.

My main issue is the forks have a disc mount that would be unused and the frame has the cable hanger for Canti's!!
Is it just me or will this look very untidy.

Possible Forks & Canti's advise on what to put on it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Depends whether you are going to ride it on bumpy terrain that needs you to stop well. If that's the case just leave as is.
Otherwise if you want a nice looking bike in the corner of your garage you need to find a mag 21 or ritchey logic fork, full m900 xtr and some skin walls. The bike will then be nice and period.

I have built both a few times now. I love old drive trains like the m900 the cranks and rear derailleur look so lovely.
Now I'm old and grumpy I prefer disc brakes or v brakes, I like more modern wide bars and forks that work well. :)

Re:

I think you've just hit the nail on the head! It's a build to own and ride once in a while, maybe 3 or 4 times a year, I know it's gonna be pants compared to my regular rides with Pikes and Wide bars!! We are singing from the same hym sheet my friend! I'm old and grumpy!

Back