Help identifying and valuing a bob jackson found this at the back of my recently widowed friends garage we have no idea if it has a value ?

Depends on what you consider as "having a value", but this is an excellent bike. I've put many thousands of happy miles on my BJ.
Won't be a £1,000, but won't be a £100 either. It's been a while since I've bought anything bike-related, but somebody here will advise on a fair price.

Serial "5555" 😍 puts it at about 1967 I guess. I hope I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

Nice. It's actually the sort of bike that most of us need (as opposed to want). Great for light touring, long distances.
I would think £300-ish. The bike market is dead at present, but it's a quality frame with a good following.

Try the Cycling UK forum for a bunch of people who would appreciate its value if you are serious about selling.

But the frame might not have enough Chainstay 'Dink" to avoid a nasty chainline, especially with a 126 or narrower back end... and then the brake drop (27s?) 🙄

Back