HELP...I need somebody!...not just anybody!!

1....are you sure the right hand is in index 7 mode not friction?

2.....the left hand should definitely not have positive clicks.....that's worrying.

Rebuild in steps here with photos and instruction....by some muppet on retrobike 🤣.

If you get stuck send me a pm.

As for the video, it ok till the end. There is absolutely no need to put pressure on the assembly to get that circlip back on.....if the toothed parts are all lined up correctly. If they are not then you can't get the clip back on.....compressing it just destroys the plastic teeth....then as you start to move the lever its all wrenched into the correct spot inside and loosens off. But the damage is none....cue wobbly shifter.

1....are you sure the right hand is in index 7 mode not friction?

2.....the left hand should definitely not have positive clicks.....that's worrying.

Rebuild in steps here with photos and instruction....by some muppet on retrobike 🤣.

If you get stuck send me a pm.

Is there a way I could send you a video of these in any way?
The left hand side is definitely just very quiet clicks... however they push around clicking several times when I was only expecting them to click 3 times.?
My right hand side click more positively with more resistance... however there are six clicks and on the last forward one no click and pushes for about 30mm??
Should have stuck with X rays as I know how to set them up and what to expect.
Apologies but theses levers are Alien to me, however I love the simplicity of the design and the fact that they were fitted to more higher end Kona's back in 94 😁

It sound like they are working exactly as they should!

6 big clicks is correct for a 7 speed shifter.... so sounds like the right hand is ok.

The left is NOT indexed, so if your expecting 2 big clicks for your 3 chainrings....you will be disappointed! Its friction only (lots of small clicks)...which is fantastic as it allows you to trim the gears something that now can't be done on index front!

Btw, dont force the rhs past the last point, your just running the bearing off the dimpled plate holes....it makes them loose and wobbly in the end and you run the risk if the ball coming displaced!

Enjoy. They are fabulous shifters

If ypur still not sure or they are not working, just post them to me and i will take a look!

Back