help! how to fit 1 1/8 forks to cannondale carbon raven 4000

maverikk

Retro Newbie
Hi, I have a cannondale carbon raven 4000 sx frame and am trying to find a headstock for a set of 1 1/8 bomber drop offs, but am struggling to get any concrete answers from the retailers, apparently it has a headshok head (measures 50mm wide, then around 6mm inside the head is a collar with a 46mm hole inside), I have seen it done many times, incl. on bobber61's, so can someone please help me? The forks have nothing fitted to them as yet, Thanks alot, Paul

There are actually Headset reducer cups/ adapters to reduce the head tube size down to 1 1/8" whereby you could fit in 1 1/8 headsets to use regular forks. I believe e.thirdteen & Problem Solvers do make them. Google 'Çannondale Heaset reducer cups' & it will come up with lots of answers to what you need to know. :)

I have a set that looks like this from TNT :

tnt.jpg

Best of luck!

Thanks for the reply. Bought an FSA headset today (£70) from Edinburgh Bicycle Co, on their advice, but got it home and the internal collar on my headstock is too small for the FSA to fit inside of, so thanks for the advice, will get onto Google.

The current standard 1.5 inch headsets that are seen commonly on todays DH and Freeride frames are not the same as the Cannondale headshok steerer's measurements.

The Headshok steerer tube measures at 1.5625 inches thereabouts so effectively if your FSA headset for inner diameter meant for today's 1.5 inch tapered forks would not fit as the outer diameter of the bearing cups would definitely be of a different outer diameter of what the Headshok specific head tube is. Current aftermarket 1.5 " stems also do not fit onto the Headshok steerers . You will need Headshok specific stems. Woodman & the mid/late 90s Kore Elite amongst others...

The best would be to acquire the Headshok *specific* reducer cups, fit in the headsets of your choice and you're up and ready to go! Maybe post up a 'Wanted ' ad here in this forum or Google it, some online stores have ém ! :D

I'm sure I've got a set of the correct reducers in an old super v frame in my garage if you need them.

Pm me if you're interested.

Chris.

Back