Help Headset Issue!!

forcutty

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys, first time i've posted on here. Was recomended by another forum to post this here. As you have more knowledge!!!!!

I have an old Raleigh steel frame and forks i like and am doing up into a SS. However the headset is cracked on one of the cups and clearly needs replacing!! This being a Raliegh frame it hasQuote:
"Oversized" (This size is more often used for threadless systems.)

headset. So does anybody know where i can get a 34.0 mm OD 1" threaded headset cheap?

Yeah do you know where i can get one cheap!
I might as well replace the whole thing to be honest though!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
i have loads of used ones that are cosmeticly good , you could have 1 for some karma :D

black or silver ? :cool:

Thanks for the offer big.eck i ordered the one in the link.

Will be sending the frame off to the powder coaters shortley i just don't know what colour to get it sprayed. It is currently Black and iron oxide coloured ;) I will check the cups fit then send it off.

no problem ;) something tells me that raleighs use bmx sized headsets ? kinda like rover cars from the 80's , 1 part fits the whole range :LOL: :LOL:

Thats strange as my other Raleigh mtb has a standard 1" headset ;)

I like these old Reynolds 501/531 Raleighs they go on forever. If i showed you a picture of the old mans Raleigh hack bike i'ld be banned for life :LOL:

In too words is "shockingly bad" however it works and just keeps going. It has been stolen, but it was to crappy and heavy :LOL:

They are ideal for britains harsh elements and know doubt will still outlast my light weight alloy frame. Thats why i'm going too do the two up one as a spare bike for shopping etc the other being the old mans hack bike. I plan too get both powder coated and in good condition.

Back