Hello...

JeffGothro

Dirt Disciple
New guy here, not to MTB'ing, but new to the forum. Been riding 36 years, and roughly half of that BMX. Started riding in 75 till present, took up MTB'ing in 89, and have never looked back. I'm also a GT fan-guy, my current bikes are a 97 GT Lightning, 94 GT Psyclone, 92 Richter 8.0, (and a 96-98(?) Gary Fisher Supercaliber Team Paola Pezzo I bought for parts). Guess thats it for now.

-Jeff

Thanks man. Nah...I'm done, I don't need/want anymore bikes, I have my dream garage and dream bikes (almost anyway), the Fisher frame is for sale, and the Richter frame is going to end up on the wall and replaced with a early to late (something between these years) 93-98 GT Zaskar, just need a Zaskar frame, I have most have everything else.

When completed, my garge will consist of...

97 GT Lightning
94 GT Psyclone
?? GT Zaskar

JeffGothro":6rvt848q said:
Thanks man. Nah...I'm done, I don't need/want anymore bikes

Never heard anyone say that before............ just wait my friend!!

Welcome to the site - would be nice to see some pics of your bikes (put them in the other section of the site) and even better, maybe some old pics of you racing/riding? Always good to see.

Head over to the BMX section as well, some good stuff in there!

Rob Atkin":6wrbntru said:
JeffGothro":6wrbntru said:
Thanks man. Nah...I'm done, I don't need/want anymore bikes

Never heard anyone say that before............ just wait my friend!!

Welcome to the site - would be nice to see some pics of your bikes (put them in the other section of the site) and even better, maybe some old pics of you racing/riding? Always good to see.

Head over to the BMX section as well, some good stuff in there!

Well,, I'm not just "anyone", and if you've bought/rode as many bikes as I have for as long as I have, you might be inclined to stop buying bikes too. To be honest, I've been on a quest my whole life looking for the "PERFECT" bike, and I've found them, they are my GT's. I'm tired of looking for the perfect bike, I'm tired of spending countless thousands of dollars. I'm quite happy now with what I have. I may buy more bikes, but if I do, they will either be rare GT's (perhaps a 1st year "Cyclone") or I might buy a bike just for parts (case in point - I bought my carbon Gary Fisher because it is an XTR bike I got cheap - 600.00$).

Yeah, I plan on putting some photos up, I'm still bulding my Psyclone (my dream bike actually), and it will be a little while before its done - when it is, it will be stunning - it will be voted BoTM I'm fairly sure. My Lightning is done, and looks nice, but I messed up applying the decals to my RS Sids so I want to repaint the forks and apply the decals correctly before posting photos of the build. You can goto the here to see an older photo of the Lightning.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=184850

My Richter 8.0, its my do everthing SS bike - nothing special here about this bike.

JeffGothro":3uq2nuxh said:
I'm still bulding my Psyclone (my dream bike actually), and it will be a little while before its done - when it is, it will be stunning - it will be voted BoTM I'm fairly sure.

Got to love your confidence there :D

To be fair, I've seem the pic of the Psyclone (on my own Psyclone thread) and it looks spot on before its even been tweaked.

Welcome.....

Lookback":onoe1faz said:
To be fair, I've seem the pic of the Psyclone (on my own Psyclone thread) and it looks spot on before its even been tweaked.

Welcome.....

Yup, I love your bike too. :D

And thanks for the warm welcomes everyone.

Back