Hello from Tewkesbury

peakecentral

Dirt Disciple
Hello everyone,

Like many others, I found this forum when I was searching for info on an older bike. We have a number of bikes stashed away, but the oldest are a 1990 Cannondale SM1000 (black/white) and a 1991 SM500 (blue), both owned from new. I used to race at events like the Malverns, and Mercian Mountain Bikers events, but then I became involved in timing and results. The SM500 looks really tatty, and is the subject of an ongoing rebuild. It'll be recognisably an SM500, but the grotty blue paint is going, and will be replaced with a blue black powder coat this week.

Here it is now, sorry but it's a fuzzy image and the bike is now stripped to a frame:
20141106_173219.jpg

The decals will be interesting. I think I have a decent starting point in Illustrator, and I have access to a sticker cutter at work. Trouble is, the software to drive it is ancient...

More to follow.

Martin

Re:

Welcome! Nice, original looking bike you have there. You should start a build thread in members bikes as we all like a good project. Might be worth contacting member Gil_M about decals as he might have yours on file. ;)

Re:

Thanks for the idea, I will start a thread as soon as I have time. The bike is pretty original, save for saddle (swapped for a female-specific model) and the grips. Oh, and tyres of course. Um, and the freewheel (yes, freewheel not cassette) on the back.

The frame is off to the spray shop tomorrow, and I'm slowly assembling replacement parts.

Martin

Well, I'm actually in Twyning, but not many people would recognise the name. I'll be in Tewks tomorrow, we have a big Scouty presentation then my wife and I are off for a curry at the Raj Shahi.

Latest posts

Back