Headset Trouble

I've just checked the headset part numbers :oops: In haste and not doing my home work properly, it would appear that I've bought a JIS standard headset (25.4mm / 30.0mm / 27.0mm) instead of the ISO (25.4mm / 30.2mm / 26.4mm).

Once I obtain the right headset and fit it I will update with the outcome. it's all about the learning curve :D

Anybody need a a JIS cane creek silver 1" threadless? PM me.

Thanks for your help, regards Mossy

I can't see an option for JIS or ISO on this model of headset in chain reaction or sjs. Does this mean these headsets are only JIS ??? Seems bloody stupid if they are, as that is a minority market.
Think I will be buying something else.

As I read the first post I immediatley thought JIS and ISO differences and had found the info to post but it already has been posted.

Fortunatley I have never had this problem. I feel for you, dammed inconveinient.

I installed the proper ISO 1" cane creek S2 yesterday and it fitted as it should – you can’t beat the feeling of a newly installed headset setup correctly.

I wanted silver hence the reason for opting for the cheapo VP, but the black S2 actually sits quite well next to the other black components.

Final job is to fit the cables and set the drive when I get a couple of hours this week then out for the maiden voyage on Sunday.

Thanks for help chaps. :D

Mossy,

you were right about the problem I was having fitting a headset in to the P7, it's a 30.2 mm diameter (ISO). Where did u manage to get hold of one from?? I've looked online and can't find anything apart from a supplier in the States.

If you could provide a link or name and model that'd be amazing!!

Thanks.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back