Have Pace lost their identity?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Guys

Like many here i am a massive Pace fan and i rode a new one at the weekend and it was a nice bike but just looked like every other hardtail out there which is disappointing as for me they were and are still the greatest looking bikes ever made. Those beautiful square tubes toally did it for me and i was the perfect age for MBUK and the Mint Sauce and Pace days. My dream was always to get an RC200 just like ol' Mints.

So my poll, have they lost their identity??

I don't think so, I just think their identity is no longer defined by the shape of the tubes they use.

obviously for us lot, yes it has.

But I'm sure they know what they are doing. It clearly made more sense financially to do what they did as they chose to do it. And as much as the purists will always want RC200's to continue, if it isn't what they want to do or can afford to do, you've got to accept that things will change.

Just makes all your Pace's more special doesn't it?

:D

Personally I would have decided to have retained the square tubes. Im sure there must have been ways of drawing square alloy tubes and still keep costs down - even in Taiwan/China.

Good point ref the retro ones though. Makes us cherish them moreso.

were pace frame popular outisde the UK ?

cant remember seeing any in france for example .

the forks were well known , but never heard of the frame before joining here .

Mmmmm

As with all things British , a innovative company is sold / bought by a foreign company all manufacturing is moved .....................................
Just dont get me started on this one , jeeez .

Yes they have lost there identity , when you ring them and ask for spares for your forks you get told "we are just warehousing and logistics now , all manufacturing has moved out of the counrty."

Pace has not just lost its identity , its lost its soul . :cry:

No, I think they've just changed with the times as any decent company should. Flogging off the forks to DT was an even bigger change in my mind, but I'm sure they had their reasons. The old square frames were iconic and I must admit I always lusted after one. But the fact that nobody else used square tubes would imply the advantages of the design were limited. Sticking with them just for old time's sake seems a bit pointless, especially in the mountain bike world where most people (contributors to this forum excepted!) are looking for the latest cutting edge ideas rather than tradition. I think their new bikes look great - less iconic perhaps but still the equal of anything else out there. I hope the company continues to thrive - its great to see there are still a few British companies like Pace out there (even if economics dictate that they have to manufacture their bikes in the far east these days).

No, I think they've just changed with the times as any decent company should. Flogging off the forks to DT was an even bigger change in my mind, but I'm sure they had their reasons. The old square frames were iconic and I must admit I always lusted after one. But the fact that nobody else used square tubes would imply the advantages of the design were limited. Sticking with them just for old time's sake seems a bit pointless, especially in the mountain bike world where most people (contributors to this forum excepted!) are looking for the latest cutting edge ideas rather than tradition. I think their new bikes look great - less iconic perhaps but still the equal of anything else out there. I hope the company continues to thrive - its great to see there are still a few British companies like Pace out there (even if economics dictate that they have to manufacture their bikes in the far east these days).

Back