Has anyone seen this paint pattern on old Konas?

quickdraw

Dirt Disciple
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Looks like a Breezer style paint job. I can't say that I've ever seen a Kona in that colour before. :?

Xesh":3k0edk79 said:
Looks like a Breezer style paint job. I can't say that I've ever seen a Kona in that colour before. :?

Those retro style paintjobs from the 50's and 60's are considered cool today, but I wouldn't have guessed they'd go over in 91.

The custom option on the Explosif Pro's make them one of the coolest bikes. Crazy sh*t. :LOL:

Theres quite a bit of dialogue on this frame in another thread

Tis a nice F+F for the money, got some other nice bits too. Did we find out who made the Mavic frame?

Question. Seller calls the bike a 17 and says it measures 19 to top of seat tube. Would Kona sell this bike as a 19? I'm under the impression that Kona, unlike many bike companies, measures to top of seat tube when stating the size of the frame.

EDIT: Never mind, it's called a 19.

I think this frame was listed previously as a Teesdale Hot, but it isn't a Hot. It seems to be a 91 Explosif with custom paint, so if the paint is original then it's presumably an Explosif Pro. But if a bike is to be described as original, it should have authentic decals in my view.

No idea where the pint job idea would have come from

SmithsonianCover.jpg

Back