Has anyone dropped acid......

Hmmmmm

I'm thunking.... Acid induced galvanised look frame with a bit of dazzle camo on fork stem bars and seatpin!

A bit of dazzle camo....

Screenshot_20220527-095331.jpg
What do we reckon?
Weekends nearly here...and somethings gonna happen 😁 I can't be seen again locally riding a purple bike....no.

How about Gun Blueing it... clean the frame down to steel & degrease it & apply decals (optional).
Using a cloth wipe on something like Phillips Professional Cold Blue (Gun Blue) to the desired finish, then remove decals & clearcoat!

I do like gun blue! Brings back memories of being a young un with my dad at the ranges letting loose with some big old hand cannons!
Problem is I've just been reading up on blueing....
It's nigh on impossible on aluminium. 🙄

I do like gun blue! Brings back memories of being a young un with my dad at the ranges letting loose with some big old hand cannons!
Problem is I've just been reading up on blueing....
It's nigh on impossible on aluminium. 🙄
Oh bugger didn't think the thing was alu. I'd be happy to help you give it a caustic soda bath if you're tired of the frame existing, just need to book a flight 🤣

I vote for a proper ghetto paint job with like a camo look, adjacent to what mullinino did

I'm getting a visual of a breaking bad style bath incident now 😂
Still cheaper than having some company removing it 🤣

Makes me miss having a frame with a severely stuck seatpost.. Put on my rubber gloves and goggles, couple of cans while enjoying the DIY bottom bracket volcano.

I think I might just try a little experiment on some 7000 series ally see how quick it is compared to 6000.
20-30 mins it gets quite lively on 6000 grade and I've a feeling 7000 might be more volatile ! I kinda want something left to ride...or it could end up being a bacofoil bike 🤣

I think I might just try a little experiment on some 7000 series ally see how quick it is compared to 6000.
20-30 mins it gets quite lively on 6000 grade and I've a feeling 7000 might be more volatile ! I kinda want something left to ride...or it could end up being a bacofoil bike 🤣
You're a brave man, I'd not play with any acid stuff on an entire bike frame. But what's the worst that can happen? You'll just have a lighter bike! ;)

Back