Haro Extreme Help

Yeah, 1990 or 1991 but not any newer. I think I've seen a similar bike on the US eBay and that was said to be a 1990 model and had full Deore DX.

At least in 1991 normal Extreme had full Deore LX but don't know about the Comp. My LBS had Haros and if I recall correctly, the '91 top-of-the-line model was gloss black, had full XT and Switchblades fork.

The frames are Tange tubing and always use U-brake in rear.
I've got a '92 Extreme AL (19.5") waiting in the customs. Since I've got an another project coming soon, I'll sell the Haro frame very soon.

Elevated chainstay models were made by most manufacturers in the early 90's including some budget manufacturers. I think it was to do with obstacle clearance when out on the trail. They suffer from lack of stiffness around the bottom bracket when your cranking away and thus the idea was dropped.

Haro Extremes all have rear u-brakes possibly due to their BMX heritage.

The bikes well cool and retro though, get yourself one !

Cheers

Velomaniac

I think Haro's idea of getting more 'crotch clearance' was to lower the top tube from back to front rather than front to back like everyone else. The dropped tube seemed to be their build 'trade mark' found on all (?) their frames.

Ace bikes.

I've had two :D .

Here is my latest:

P3090015.jpg

More detail here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24996&highlight=haro+extreme

Does flex around the BB area but its more comfortable than un nerving ;) :D

I like them any hoo :LOL: :LOL:

I'll dig out my mags ,I think the top un is an 89.The red un is a '90.
I think .
'rattles heed'

Theyre all in there somewhere.

I kinda liked em .

The red one is 1991.
Haro did not have bent toptube on all frames. The Impasse and Impulse (with the exception of Extreme-framed Impulse Comp of 1990-1991) series had a straight toptube. I had a 1995 Impulse Comp a few years ago. Originally it had full XT M737 and Judy SL.

kai_haro.jpg

I purchased a complete blue one off trade me recently.

I was after a frame with either an e-stay or a rear u-brake and ended up getting both :cool:

Back