handlebar grips for non-suspension bike

I use Kona pseudopods on my rigid (granted it's ti everything) and they're pretty comfy. They also glow in the dark if you're into that sort of thing. Otherwise, Race Face good n'evils are pretty soft too.

Oury grips. Really thick soft rubber and uber comfy for all size hands. I had a pair in black on my Pace, and now have some Orange (non lock on) on my hardtail, and the missus managed to find some pink lock ons on the bay.

Really, really comfy.

konahed":2pqwig0e said:
Yeah, Ti bars are going to be pricey though I think.
I got mine second hand and they cost only £15[ profile design]
And i can attest to they're springyness ,it is quite comfortable ,but can be a little disconcerting till you get use to them
Get some decent mitts
Mine have three large gel filled pads on the palm, cost about £20, 7or 8 years ago ,ive no idea who makes them, all tabs are long washed out,but they have lasted this long ,leather and toweling

If you are going with Risers why not try Carbon Bars? They really do suck up a bit of the buzz especially handy with rigid forks

konahed":2qcrlhv9 said:

Maybe, but they come up on here pretty often for not too much money like dyn-ti says, if it keeps you riding gonna be worth it. :D

kaiser":3vy01quv said:
konahed":3vy01quv said:

Maybe, but they come up on here pretty often for not too much money like dyn-ti says, if it keeps you riding gonna be worth it. :D

Cool, I'll look out for some. :)

Oury it is

Remember riding proper flanged Oury's back in 92, they came in cool colours too. Of the moderns I find Odi Rogues have a similar thick design, just a little less squishy feel compared to Oury.

My personal favourites are Yeti hard core grips. Thick and comfy pad under the palm, but thinner with plenty traction at the fingertips. Best of both worlds really.

Enjoy!!

Back