Gutted. Lost to the EVRI network. Orange Aluminium "O" prototype MIA

That's really sickening and I sincerely hope it turns up soon. The whole area of items being 'lost' and then re-appearing at auction needs a thorough overhaul. If that happens then it wasn't lost in the first place - it just hadn't neen delivered.

I feel your pain. I've not lost anything bear as exotic or rare, but had a spate of hard to find items go missing both when sold or bought.

The hoops they made me jump through were stupid. Proof of posting - well you have all that as the tracking info shows it. Destination - er you have that. Proof of sale, proof of purchase, the 'investigstion' which clearly doesn't happen, the wait for a decision, the wait for a refund. The fact they don't refund postage costs until you chase etc.

I hope it turns up somewhere and you are reunited with it.

Never give up hope! - 2 years after Evri 'lost' the Iceman.....it miraculously turns up in Hampshire.

Full story here-

Massive thanks to @MartyP and @gtturbo

Build thread to come along soon. In the meantime I'll be celebrating my luck, passing on some karma and buying a lottery ticket!

All thanks to the retrobike community!

Cheers
boy"O"boy

That’s great news @boy"O"boy , you must be thrilled.
Very interesting bike. Who is Iceman? Was he a team/pro rider?
Dead chuffed to final have this back. As the prototype Aluminium "O" it was irreplaceable.... I genuinely thought it was lost for good as the repaint had no identifiers. Had it not been for Martin's keen eye in knowing this was something special, it would have probably remained lost.

As for the 'Iceman' actual rider. No body knows.
Maybe it was a nickname/alias for an Orange rider or company employee?
I think it references "Top Gun' myself.
Maverick, Goose, and Val Kilmer as Iceman.

Interesting the frame is now actually known by it's alias. - the final build of this prototype will have reference to 'Iceman' somewhere on it.

Thanks all.
boy"O"boy

Back